Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Much to be Thankful For!!

   Our first Thanksgiving with Jonathan!!  He loved it, and we had a really great day!  After eating his first piece of pumpkin pie topped with plenty of whipped cream, he told me, "Thank you for Thanksgiving!!" :)
   We had a house full of people....  our family, my parents, my sister and her family, my aunt and uncle, 3 cousins and all of their families.... 30 people in all!  After the kids helped us finish cleaning up and getting the house looking good enough to host all of those people, we looked around and said, "Hey -- the house hasn't looked this good since we had our first social worker visit during our home study!!"  Ha Ha!!  
   I was concerned that Jonathan would be WAY over-stimulated, but he did fine.  He almost seemed a little bit intimidated by all the new faces.  And, honestly, that is NOT a bad thing at all.  Sometimes the new situations bring out behaviors that reveal the lack of good social skills.  I didn't see that much at all today.  I am very thankful for that!
   Another thing that I'm thankful for is that the fund raiser for Jonathan's former orphanage totaled over $2000!!  That is just wonderful!  THANKS to anyone who contributed.  I"ll post pictures at some point in the future when we get to see how the lives of those sweet children still waiting there have been improved by the generosity of people here!
   One other big thing to be grateful for is that one other little cutie will be leaving that orphanage for good and joining her family here in Alabama next week!!  Annikah's mommy leaves tomorrow to go get her little girl!!!  You can follow along with Shelley's blog.
   Just before the kids were heading off to bed tonight, we used the automatic setting on the camera to get a group shot!!

This time last year, our dossier was all set to be sent to Bulgaria! 
I'm very thankful that we are now a family of eight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment